The discussions held between Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and some stakeholders of Igbo land and the resolutions agreed there upon are as follows:
- Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has legitimate reasons to be angry. The failure of leadership in Igbo land is a critical issue that has to be addressed urgently. However, there is need to move away from verbal attacks and abuses /insults on elders and neighbors of Igbo nation.
- The personal sacrifices Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has made for the cause and rights of Igbo nation is highly appreciated and honored by many Igbos. Most Igbos love Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and this is why many youth are following him. What many do not like is some of the approaches he and his group utilizes.
- The level of political cohesion is lacking even amongst the political class in Igbo land. We need to find effective ways to address this that will not make us look not united and more vulnerable.
- IPOB is absolutely necessary in the fight for the emancipation of Igbo land and its people.
- We thank Mazi Nnamdi Kanu for communicating to us that if there are other reasonable ways to go about it’s goal, that he will concede to this/these way(s).
- We need an effective and comprehensive strategy. Strategic thinking and tactics is critical to achieving our goal.
- There is the need to move away from attacking our political leaders, and quietly begin to pressure and guide our leaders on what they should be doing to advance and protect Igbo land. We can correct in love and in respect. No demonizing of traditional rulers and religious leaders.
- A renewal of Igbo state unions that will focus on the development of our people is urgently needed.
- Peace and reconciliation and other strategies that will help us should be adopted.
- There is urgent need for investment in Alaigbo approach to be adopted and supported by all including those in the diaspora. The South East governors should provide the enabling environment to actualize this.
- We need to seriously address the security issues in Igbo land urgently and tackle the existential threats that currently confront us as a people.
- Public Statement by Brother Nnamdi Kanu should reflect the spirit of this meeting and the resolutions we reached at this meeting.
Arch Bishop Chukwuma
(On behalf of the Stakeholders)
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu
Posted by Barrister Aloy Ejimakor